The Cyber security considerations for consumers of managed services online course introduces some of the cyber security topics to consider before and during the process of procuring managed information technology (IT) services. This online course will provide you with tools to define your organization’s security requirements and questions to ask a managed service provider (MSP) to help you determine whether the MSP has the capabilities to deliver these services effectively and securely.
The objectives of this course are to ensure that upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Recall the cyber security topics to consider when making decisions to procure managed IT services
- Recognize your organization’s security requirements before procuring managed IT services
- Recall the right questions to ask a managed service provider (MSP) before your organization signs on to use a service
- Define an effective service level agreement with the MSP
This online course is composed of 12 modules. The course modules are as follows:
- Module 1 - Overview of managed services
- Module 2 - Data security
- Module 3 - Legal and regulatory compliance
- Module 4 - Service provider assessments and audit reports
- Module 5 - Access control
- Module 6 - Authentication
- Module 7 - Encryption
- Module 8 - Incident response
- Module 9 - Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Module 10 - Supply chain integrity
- Module 11 - Data and service portability
- Module 12 - Data destruction
The target audience is business managers and decision makers who are considering procuring managed IT services.
The first time you take this course, complete the modules in sequential order. The course will be deemed complete once you complete all 12 modules. At this time, you will be able to print or save your Certificate which is located at the bottom of this screen. You may also return to this course at any time in the future for reference purposes.