The management of cyber security involves the selection, implementation and monitoring of security controls. This course will provide you with a clear context for cyber security concerns within Canada and the GC. It will help you to identify the initial steps towards the implementation of a cyber security process for information systems within a departmental context.
- Provide a clear context of the cybersecurity strategy for the GC
- Explore and identify relevant security tools for the implementation of a Departmental Security Plan
- Provide an overview of the Information System Security Implementation Process as it relates to cybersecurity
- Become familiar with the sources of information used to define a Departmental Threat Assessment
- Provide an overview of the GC Cyber Security Event Management Plan
IT Security Practitioners, IT Project Managers and IT Managers
Prior to attending, it would be beneficial to take Course 601 – Introduction to IT Security Management [e-learning]