This introductory course is aimed at personnel who may support cyber and IT security within their organization, but are not themselves Cyber or IT security specialists. It will introduce GC policies, basic cyber security terms, concepts and processes through an interactive mix of lectures, discussions, examples and group activities. This course can also be readily tailored for groups upon request to fit specific professional, business or departmental contexts.
- Identify key documents and references
- Comprehend basic cyber/IT terminology
- Describe basic cyber/IT protection measures
- Identify your department threat context
- Explain the exploitation cycle
- Participants will be better prepared to navigate the cyber security domain, and better support their organizational cyber security efforts
GC employees at all levels who wish to become more familiar with the cyber security landscape and become knowledgeable on how to protect classified and sensitive information on GC networks