Date: 23 December 2019
On 17 December 2019 Citrix released a security bulletin to address a critical vulnerability, tracked as CVE-2019-19781, for the following products:
• Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway version 13.0 all supported builds
• Citrix ADC and NetScaler Gateway version 12.1 all supported builds
• Citrix ADC and NetScaler Gateway version 12.0 all supported builds
• Citrix ADC and NetScaler Gateway version 11.1 all supported builds
• Citrix NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway version 10.5 all supported builds
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability may allow an unauthenticated remote actor to perform arbitrary code execution.
Citrix has provided steps to mitigate the effect of this vulnerability until they are able to release an updated version of the firmware for affected devices.
The Cyber Centre encourages users and administrators to review the following Citrix publications and apply the necessary updates when available:
Note to Readers
The Canadian Centre for Cyber Security (Cyber Centre) operates as part of the Communications Security Establishment. We are Canada’s national authority on cyber security and we lead the government’s response to cyber security events. As Canada's national computer security incident response team, the Cyber Centre works in close collaboration with government departments, critical infrastructure, Canadian businesses and international partners to prepare for, respond to, mitigate, and recover from cyber events. We do this by providing authoritative advice and support, and coordinating information sharing and incident response. The Cyber Centre is outward-facing, welcoming partnerships that help build a stronger, more resilient cyber space in Canada.