Small and Medium Organizations: Securely Configure Devices
Vendors and resellers often configure devices with default settings, such as default passwords, for quick installation and simple management. Devices that have insecure settings are easy targets.
How can I protect my devices?
Common cyber attacks exploit default administrative passwords and un-secured default settings on devices. When your organization installs new devices and software, you should modify default settings by taking these actions:
- Changing all administrative passwords
- Reviewing all device settings
- Disabling all unnecessary functions
- Enabling all necessary security features
Your organization may also want to consider adopting secure product configuration profiles to safeguard systems against cyber threats.
Recommendation for your organization:
- Modify un-secured default settings when installing new devices and software
- Implement secure configurations for all of your devices