- All student applicants: June 21, 2020
The Canadian Centre for Cyber Security (Cyber Centre) is hosting GeekSeek, its first fully virtual capture the flag (CTF) event on June 27.
GeekSeek is aimed at post-secondary students at any skill level. The flags to be captured will all have challenges related to cyber security, programming or data analysis.
When and Where
Saturday, June 27, 2020 from 10am to 10pm. GeekSeek will be online and on a Slack workspace.
Who can apply?
Undergraduate and graduate students from fields related to computer sciences, programming, computer networks, data analysis and manipulation, or who have an interest in cyber security. Prior experience of CTF or knowledge of cyber security is not mandatory.
Students who have participated in previous GeekWeeks cannot participate as GeekSeek will reuse challenges from previous events.
Benefits for students
- Put into practice what you have learned through your education
- Network with and work alongside cyber security professionals
- Learn something new in a fun and welcoming environment
In order to participate in GeekSeek, you must have the following:
- A personal computer to participate in the event (you may have to install software)
- A reliable internet connection to stay connected
- A valid email address in order to connect to Slack and communicate with team members
- A desire to be fully engaged and contribute to your team’s efforts
How to apply
Please download the below registration form. Once completed, send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “GeekSeek CTF - REGISTRATION” before Sunday June 21st, 2020.
To learn more about GeekSeek, please contact the team at email@example.com.